Helpful Things - A collection of documents and links you may find useful
Documents are all in PDF format.
- Mobile Device eMail Configuration - This is for clients who host their domains with us, have email with their domain name at the end, and need help setting up mobile phones and things.
- POP3 eMail Setup - This is for clients who host their domains with us, have email with their domain name at the end, and need help setting up email addresses in Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird or other email programs. The directions are for Outlook, but the settings are the same for any POP3 email program.
- Setting up your gmail account to receive your POP3 email - This is for clients who host their domains with us, have email with their domain name at the end, and want to use Google's gmail program as their primary mail program.
- Google Analytics - FREE site traffic tracking program that lets you see and analyze your site traffic data (more info). Easy to set up. Once you do, a block of code with be generated that we can add to all the pages in your site you want tracked.
- Google Places - Claim your business listing on Google and get a little red flag for your business on Google Maps. FREE
- Constant Contact - A great tool for creating LEGAL e-newsletters and maintaining email lists.
- Why Social Media Marketing? - A pretty nice overview from Constant Contact.
- Five Reasons Why Regular Web Maintenance is Important
- How to Clear Your Browser's Cache - This is for when we make changes to your site and you are still seeing the old stuff.
Good Things to Know
- Online eMail - This is for clients who host their domains with us, have email with their domain name at the end, and want to be able to access email from any computer with an internet connection. THIS ONLINE EMAIL PROGRAM WAS NEVER INTENDED TO BE YOUR PRIMARY EMAIL INTERFACE. Use it when you are out of the office or on vacation.
- Open a browser and type into the address line: http://mail.<yourdomainname.com> . In other words, don't do www and put a mail. in front of your website address.
- Your login is your ENTIRE email address.
- Your password is your email password. If you don't know this I can reset it for you.
- Mail read online will still remain on our server until you download it with your desktop or mobile email program.
- Mail sent online will NOT be saved in your desktop or mobile email program.